I’ve been on a kick lately of smoothie bowls for breakfast and this Acai sorbet is perfect for a smoothie bowl. I’ve been playing around with toppings in my smoothie bowl from chocolate chips and coconut, to peanut butter and oats. They make mornings fun and interesting. It’s amazing how using new and different ingredients for morning smoothie bowls can really impact the energy that you start the day with!
I couldn’t really find an Acai sorbet that I loved – so I decided when one can’t find something… just make it! And this took literally 2 minutes and then freezing time. It’s no churn, so the only equipment you need is a Kitchen Aid food processor. Easy, right?
I will say that a food blender works great, but does leave more of a gritty texture – so it will not be perfectly smooth. I think that is fine though and honestly like the texture because it makes it feel a lot fresher!
The Acai puree I found came in packets and I picked them up from the frozen section at my Target. They are actually super convenient and not super expensive. I will definitely be making this again!Print
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup of water
- 4 packets frozen açai puree, thawed in warm water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
- drizzle fresh honey
- mini dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons coconut flakes
- Add the acai packets, blueberries, corn syrup, and lemon juice to the food processor or blender and mix, pressing together with a spatula as needed.
- When the blueberries become crumble, add the 1/3 cup of water 1 tablespoon at a time. Use all 1/3 cup if you’re having trouble blending. If the sorbet is blending smoothly – you can forego the water.
- Continue until the sorbet is smooth and mixed well.
- Once you get the consistency good, taste for sweetness. Frozen blueberries and Acai can come across as bitter depending on the time of year. You can add additional corn syrup or honey if you need.
- Pour mixture into rectangle loaf tray and freeze for about an hour until frozen.
To make the smoothie bowl, scoop the sorbet into a bowl and top with peanut butter, granola, chocolate chips, coconut flakes and a drizzle of honey.