I’m not a huge fan of Awesome Chicken as a meal in itself… so I decided to add some beans and sour cream and made an appetizer dip! Kind of like a nacho dip – but better!
This is apart of a tailgating series I’m doing since we can’t physically be at a tailgate this year (due to COVID-19), then we might as well enjoy watching the games and making fun tailgate food!
This appetizer dip is so tasty you will be trying to find a reason to make it each and every week. I know I’ve said it before, but you will love his recipe so much because it uses pantry staples and comes together in minutes.
Think about it like this: stock up on these staples and whenever you have a friend pop over – you have a quick and easy appetizer dip ready in minutes to serve them! Oh, and it has chicken in it – so it’s technically a meal right?Print
- 2 cups of frozen chicken breast strips – skinless and boneless
- 32 ounce box of Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 can of Rotel, drained very well
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 jalapenos diced, if that is your thing (totally not mine!)
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- Tortilla chips for eating this goodness with
- Take the black beans and Rotel and drain both separately. Use paper towels and pat the excess water of.
- Heat 1/2 cup of milk over medium-high heat and add cubed Velveeta.
- Add tomatoes, meat, sour cream, taco seasoning, jalapenos, and chicken in the pot and continue to stir until everything has melted together.
- If the dip is too thick, add more milk.
- Enjoy with chips, could even be fun wrapped in a tortilla!
PS – Here’s a little post about how I like to keep it simple!