Nothing better to add to a fun appetizer or festive party than a fun drink! And this drink takes the cake, or cookie! Ha A good spritzer starts with a base, adds champagne (some fizz), and then finishes with a shot of your favorite liquid fun! However, this drink can easily be made as a mocktail for the entire party to enjoy, just hold the champs and the shot and you’ve got a festive punch for the whole gang! The pomegranate in this holiday drink gives it a festive Rudolph vibe – thus my Rudolph Spritzer!
So here are the parts that make my Rudolph Spritzer a fun holiday drink!
The base: Always go with Ginger Ale! You could also sub your favorite sparkling water especially if it’s a fun flavor like the Aha! Pomegranate and Berry one.
The Flavor: For the Rudolph Spritzer I’m using Pomegranate Juice. Other juices that are fun for the holidays are cranberry and peppermint! You could do either! Although, I think Peppermint might be better in a milky drink than a juice – but to each their own!
The Sugar: Go with a frozen concentrate! In some of my spritzers I like to go with Frozen Orange Juice, but in this case we are going with Frozen Lemonade.
Pro Tip: Always keep frozen juice concentrate in your freezer! It takes any holiday drink to the next level!
Liquid Fun: Add an entire bottle of Champagne and if you are making a pitcher put a cup of gin or vodka in it.
For the Rim, I promise I have tried it multiple ways, and let me tell you – homemade sugar cookies do not work. You need the soft frosted cookies from the grocery store. Every store has them and they have them throughout the year so this can be a fun drink rim for any occasion! The reason you need these frosted soft sugar cookies is that they crumble super easily!Print
- 16 ounces of Ginger Ale
- 1 container of Frozen Lemonade Concentrate
- 1 cup of Pomegranate Juice
- 750 mL of Champagne or Prosecco
- 1 cup of your favorite liquid fun (gin or vodka are great in this!)
- 3–4 crumbled soft sugar cookies
- Cake or cookie frosting
- Pipe the frosting on every rim. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Crumble the cookies and slowly dip, do not dunk the rim like you do salt, the rim on all sides to coat the icing in sugar cookie dust!
- Mix Ginger Ale and Pomegranate juice
- Add Frozen Lemonade about 20 minutes prior to serving.
- Mix well
- At this point, you can let everyone make their drink individually or you can continue on making a pitcher of an Adult-Friendly Rudolph Spritzer.
Caveat: It is fun to leave the spritzer without alcohol, let everyone add their champs and shot of choice to their drink as they come in! That way it becomes like a DIY drink bar! Super fun!
1 cup of Liquor is about 8 shots. If you are going to make a pitcher, the pitcher serves 8-10