My cousin Janet initially introduced me to the goodness that is Cream Cheese and Sausage wrapped in my favorite dough ever… Crescent Roll Dough. I will caveat that last statement, I am headed to Paris in 29 days and I will allow the Parisian’s to take a stab at dethroning King Pillsbury and his magic crescent roll dough when I am there. But these little breakfast rolls are delicious and they are so easy.
I have updated the recipe with an inspiration image below. I love making these rolled in a regular sized crescent roll – they are delicious and fast and easy to make. The thing to note: you want to make sure that your cream cheese to dough ratio is good. I have tried to make pinwheels out of this with biscuit dough and it’s just not the right ratio – you really need the creaminess of the cream cheese to help saturate the bite!
Let’s get started!
The cream cheese and sausage mixture will make 24 crescent rolls! (3 tubes). Majority of the time I will make 8 (1 tube) and refrigerate the rest. The mixture stays good for several days. And sometimes I have even been known to just heat the mixture up and eat it with eggs!
I had a boyfriend one time that would drive to come and see me when I lived in Birmingham and I would make all 24 rolls and put them in a HUGE tupperware container and he would tell me he would eat all of them on the way home! That’s how good they are and I guarantee they will absolutely get you a gold star and when that heart of the man you love!
Please make these delish breakfast rolls! Tag me at #atabletopaffair and let me know what you think below!!Print
These Sausage and Cream Cheese Breakfast Rolls will have you wishing breakfast was every meal of the day.. or at least wishing you could eat these at every meal of the day – but oh wait! You can!
- 1 tube of Crescent Rolls
- 1 tube of Jimmy Dean Breakfast Sausage (I don’t like spicy so I get Regular – totally up to you!)
- 1 block of Cream Cheese
For Heart Shaped Hand Pies
- Sub Pillsbury Pie Crusts for the Crescent Rolls
- Egg wash (using 1 egg and 1 Tbsp of water)
- Cook the Jimmy Dean Sausage and get it very finely chopped. You don’t want large chunks of sausage.
- Remove the sausage from heat and put in a mixing bowl. Add the cream cheese and mix.
- Place a dollup of the mixture in the middle of the crescent roll and roll it up! (usually it is about a tblsp)
- Cook at 350 for 10-15 minutes until the rolls are done.
For the Hearth Shaped Hand Pies
- Roll out the pie crust and cut heart shapes about the size of your palm.
- Fill them with the sausage and cream cheese mixture.
- Close them up and press the edges with a fork.
- Brush the tops with egg wash.
- Cook at 350 for 15-20 minutes.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: Southern
Make sure to subscribe to the blog down below so that you can get posts straight to your inbox! Share this post with your friends and your family so everyone can get these great tips and as always tag #atabletopaffair on instagram and Facebook to share your fun inspirations!! Can’t wait to see them!
Don’t forget to leave your comments below, and find more of my recipes HERE!