Broccoli Casserole is seriously the easiest and fastest side dish you will ever make. And yes that is a claim and I fully intend to back that claim up! Leave a comment below if you have any questions or challenges in my claim! ha
Broccoli Casserole for the win
This is not a recipe that I have created. This has been passed down in my family and eaten year after year at family gatherings and it always a hit for children and adults a like. You will not want to miss out on this tradition!
- 52 oz bag frozen broccoli
- 8 oz cream cheese block
- 1/2 c + 4 tbsp melted butter
- 1 pkg Pepperidge Farm bread crumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook broccoli (steamed bags are SOO MUCH easier)
- Mash broccoli with cream cheese and 1/2 c butter. I usually do this in my food processor. You want the broccoli in very fine pieces – no chunks!
- Taste the mixture and add more salt (it needs more than you think!)
- Put in casserole dish. See note below.
- Mix bread crumbs and 4 tbsp melted butter and pour on top.
- Cook casserole at 350 F for 30-45 minutes.
Casserole may be prepared ahead. Place the broccoli mixture in the casserole dish, leave off the cracker topping, and refrigerate until ready to bake. Add cracker topping just before baking, and increase baking time to 75 – 80 minutes. Cover loosely with foil partway through baking if crumb topping begins to brown too much.
Don’t forget to #Atabletopaffair on IG or FB and let me see what you made – oh and leave a comment below and tell me how much everyone loved it!