I’m always looking for dinner shortcuts. The majority of those shortcuts involve innovative solutions from the grocery store and staples you most likely have in your pantry. This Broccoli & Cheese Skillet takes 10 minutes and the best part – you can totally get creative with it.
How to get creative with your Broccoli & Cheese Skillet:
This skillet uses 4 different types of cheeses and broccoli as the base. Sprinkle some bread crumbs on top of that and you are good to go with a nice little side dish for dinner. However, that is no fun! You might as well spice it up with some protein and make it a meal, right? Using pulled rotisserie chicken or bacon as a fun protein in it and my favorite thing to add – some Gnocchi!
Pro Tip: I only add Gnocchi because it holds it’s shape and it rather small. I would not use a spaghetti or Paparadelle noodle for this skillet – but you could use a macaroni or little shell.
I made this recipe over on IGTV – click here to watch how I made this dinner come together in all of 10 minutes. I will say – if you want to use bacon – you have got to order yourself an air fryer! Literally so easy to make bacon in!Print
Broccoli & Cheese Skillet
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 6–8 servings 1x
- 1 12-ounce bag of Frozen Broccoli, cooked
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 6 ounces Cream Cheese
- 4 strips of bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- salt and pepper, to taste (I use 1 teaspoon each)
- 8 ounces pulled Rotisserie Chicken
- 8 ounces Gnocchi, steamed/cooked
- Heat skillet on medium-high heat with 2 tbsp butter.
- Place all steamed broccoli in the pan and mix until all florets are covered in butter.
- Add 4 kinds of cheese to the skillet.*
- Once the cheese has melted, mix in bacon, chicken, gnocchi, or whatever else you want to mix in.
- Enjoy while it’s hot!
*You’ll notice in the IGTV that I like to flatten by cream cheese into a patty – I find it melts faster and more evenly that way.