I’ve been on the hunt for the best chicken breast marinade for a taco salad… and alas, I think I have found it! I eat so much chicken so this Chipotle Lime Chicken is the best thing since… well, the Montreal Chicken Leg recipe! This recipe is packed full of flavor and great for a taco salad or fajita board.
I’m really over tacos. I am ready for a tasty chicken breast with the flavor of a taco without all of the calories. Oh, and must be easy. I can’t do any of those marinate overnight recipes. This girl has no patience for that. Dinner on the table in 30 minutes or else!
Cinco de Mayo… or any other day 🙂
As I am posting this – we are celebrating Cinco de Mayo. You might not be able to use this recipe tonight in your festivities – but it is a great one to pin and keep on hand! I make a batch of this chicken almost every week to keep because it’s just that good.
Pro Tip: If you make this Chipotle Lime Chicken ahead of time for your taco salad and keep in fridge all week – putting the chicken in your air fryer to crisp up! When you take it out – squeeze a bit of fresh lime juice on it! Makes all the difference.
This marinade can also double as a dressing. If you make a little extra, or don’t use all of it – you can most certainly use it on your taco salad with your chicken! Nothing like a two-for-one deal right?Print
Chipotle Lime Chicken
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 chicken breasts 1x
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped finely
- Juice of 1 full lime
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp Chipotle Chili Powder (mixture of garlic powder, chipotle powder, and smoked paprika)
- salt and pepper to taste (I usually add 2 tsp salt)
- red pepper flakes to taste (I don’t use this.. it makes it too spicy)
- Whisk ingredients together. If you plan to use some as a dressing, separate that into another container and refrigerate.
- Add the rest to a shallow bowl and put chicken breast (can be nugget size, tender size, or full breast) in the bowl and let chicken soak in the marinade.
- Heat pan on med-high with a bit of butter or olive oil to grill chicken on both sides until done.
- Note: I like to slice chicken breast once cooked and put on salad that way.
Pro tip: Grill the chicken in batches to avoid excess water released in pan – it messes with the marinade!