You will love these Christmas Almond Cookies! There is nothing like baking during the holidays especially when it means you are prepping something that will literally become a homemade freeze and bake!! These Christmas Almond Cookies are the easiest to prep ahead and have ready in 15 minutes when guests come over!
These little almond cookies are perfect for the season, super easy and you can find the ingredients at Whole Foods especially this Bob’s Red Mill Almond Flour!
You guys know I love talking about store bought goodies, but during the holidays there are so many new faces in my home, having paleo, gluten-free or vegetarian options available is super important! These cookies are perfect for the holidays because they are perfect freeze ahead and bake later cookies! Make your dough and then freeze them for a perfectly tasty treat whenever you want!
You are going to start by mixing everything together. Mix it well – it might be a little dry to start out with, but keep mixing!! Trust me! Next make a little ball – Mine vary between about the size of a large grape and the size of a golf ball – super consistent, right!?! Once I get them on parchment lined baking sheet, I like to freeze mine and take them out when I’m ready… as I’m ready to eat them!
I have a reel over on instagram – so you should go check it out! The Bob’s Mill is some of my favorite Almond Flour to use! I keep it around because every now and again I get the itch to make macarons and this Super Fine Almond Flour is perfect for french macarons!Print
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar + A little extra for dusting (or a lot extra)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp fine salt
- 3 cup almond flour, or fine almond meal
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds
- Preheat the oven to 325°F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix almond flour, softened butter, 3 Tablespoons confectioners’ sugar, vanilla and salt in a small bowl until a cohesive dough forms. Once all mixed up, mix in chopped almonds. You can use your hands to help mix the pecans in if needed.
- Roll tablespoons of the dough into a ball and place on baking sheet about 1 inch apart. Bake the cookies for 20 minutes or until they start to turn light golden brown on the bottom.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes. Dust each cookie with powdered sugar and enjoy!!
- Store any leftover cookies in the fridge for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to a month.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 20