- 1 pound chicken tenderloins
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup shredded sweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- oil for frying
- Salt for garnishing
- First, get out three wide, shallow bowls.
- In the first bowl put flour.
- In a second bowl, whisk the eggs together.
- And fill a third bowl with coconut flakes and sugar.
- Toss chicken tenders first in the flour, then in the egg wash, followed by the coconut flakes. (I like to dip mine in the egg first and then flour and then egg again and then the coconut, but either way works!)
- Be sure to coat each chicken tender thoroughly with each step.
- Salt both sides of chicken breast.
- For frying fill a large skillet with 1 inch of oil. Bring to temperature over medium heat.
- Use tongs to transfer chicken tenders into the oil (do not crowd the pan, fry in batches if you need to).
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, then turn chicken tenders over and cook another 3-4 minutes until golden brown and chicken is cooked through.
- Repeat with remaining chicken tenders as needed.
- Garnish with sea salt flakes if desired and serve warm with a sweet marmalade or honey.
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Cook Time: 7 minutes