Dinner can be difficult. It can be stressful and it can take a long time. But the secret to a great dinner is to use store-bought ingredients, spice them up and then cook – but don’t let it take too long! You see, dinner is more about getting food on the table than what the food is. No, I don’t suggest just ordering take out every night and I hope my recipes help you focus on what’s important – good food with good people.
I recently made this on IGTV as one of my #SundayFundaywithFriends dinner recipes!
You can always head over to my Instagram and check those out! And I would love for you to tag me when you make my recipes! #Atabletopaffair
I have been getting a ton of feedback that people are finding me through their friends and family – thank you for continuing to share my recipes with your friends!!Print
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup shredded sweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- oil for frying
- Salt for garnishing
- First, get out three wide, shallow bowls.
- In the first bowl put flour.
- In a second bowl, whisk the eggs together.
- And fill a third bowl with coconut flakes and sugar.
- Toss chicken tenders first in the flour, then in the egg wash, followed by the coconut flakes. (I like to dip mine in the egg first and then flour and then egg again and then the coconut, but either way works!)
- Be sure to coat each chicken tender thoroughly with each step.
- Salt both sides of chicken breast.
- For frying fill a large skillet with 1 inch of oil. Bring to temperature over medium heat.
- Use tongs to transfer chicken tenders into the oil (do not crowd the pan, fry in batches if you need to).
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, then turn chicken tenders over and cook another 3-4 minutes until golden brown and chicken is cooked through.
- Repeat with remaining chicken tenders as needed.
- Garnish with sea salt flakes if desired and serve warm with a sweet marmalade or honey.