Thanksgiving and Christmas – the combined season – is of my favorite time of year!
I love it because there are so many flavors to enjoy, but this time of year, it’s time for ALL of them.
I love a good mimosa, but sometimes orange juice feels a bit summer-y. AmIRight? This Cranberry Spritzer is a Mule that meets a Mimosa that has a splash of gin in it! Bottom line… You can enjoy this holiday drink any time of day.
It’s the perfect addition to your Holiday festivities… or, let’s be real, any day!
This Cranberry Spritzer gets me in the mood for all of the fall things!! Especially since I use Rosé with it! I’m even known to toss a little sparkling Rosé in there for a festive fizz and that is always the right decision to make.
Do you have recipes that get you in the holiday mood? I sure do. And this holiday drink is one of them!
Cranberry is one of those flavors. I love my cranberry chutney and, in my cookbook, coming out I have a festive cranberry and jalapeno dip that accompanies a whipped cream cheese that is to die for.
Have you ordered my cookbook yet? If not, you still have time! You can order that here.
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, plus more for serving
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 bottle (750 ml) Rosé wine
- 4 ounces elderflower liquor
- 1/3 cup cranberry juice
- 2 blood oranges or regular oranges, sliced for garnish
- 4–6 (12 ounce) ginger beers
- 4 ounces London dry gin
- 1. To make the cranberry simple syrup: In a medium pot, bring 1/2 cup water, the honey, cranberries, rosemary, and cinnamon to a boil over high heat. Boil 3-5 minutes until the cranberries begin to burst, then remove from the heat. Let cool. Remove the rosemary and cardamon pods. Dump into a strainer to extract all of the syrup.
- 2. In a large pitcher, combine the cranberry syrup, rosé, elderflower liquor, cranberry juice, and gin. Chill until ready to serve, up to 2 days. (if using a sparkling rosé, add with ginger beers in step 3 just before serving)
- 3. Add the orange slices and ginger beer (and sparkling rosé, if using) just before serving.
Want more Festive Party Recipes like this Cranberry Spritzer?
Time to hear from you in the comments! What’s your favorite Christmas or holiday drink?
Thanks for being here and trying new things, friends! Wishing you all the best holiday season!