Valentine’s is right around the corner which means you might need some last minute ideas for gifts and treats to take to your party. I have so many friends that are teachers and really enjoy getting personalized gifts from their students and sometimes that can mean ‘time-consuming.’ But these ideas are sure the save you money and time.
Cupcake in a Jar
These cupcakes in a jar are so easy you will be trying to figure out how you can do these for every holiday! With different ribbon and a festive cupcake – you probably can!
- Take a store bought cupcake and unwrap the paper.
- Depending on how large your mason jar is (I used half-pint sized) you might need to remove the frosting. PRO TIP: if you are removing the frosting – don’t worry about pulling some of the cake with it – you will put more frosting on it!
- Pop the cupcake down in the mason jar
- And top with frosting. I like to put Betty Crocker Cream Cheese frosting in a ziplock bag to function as my piping bag.
- Top festive sprinkles on it and then tie a bow on the top of the mason jar for a sweet touch!
A couple of notes on how I made mine. When you put your frosting on your cupcake in the jar – don’t worry about trying to make it perfect. The purpose of this cupcake is to eat it straight from the mason jar – so fill that sucker up! Secondly, I like to tie a bow and then hot glue it on the top of the mason jar. Takes a bit more time – but it guarantees the bow won’t fall off!
Sharpie Coffee Mug
This one is super easy! Grab a white coffee mug from the dollar store. I got mine from Walmart – but they do not have to be fancy mugs – just basic white. Using sharpie paint pens have your kids draw whatever they want on the mug.
Once they finish their masterpiece, you can help them (or you can write) a sweet note to the intended recipient! It makes it really sweet.
I don’t have kids, so I got some acrylic paint and made a paw print! Acrylic paint works just as well – especially if you want to do a hand print.
Once you finish – do not put in the oven, like so many people suggest. That will crack the paint and sharpies etc.. Use Modge Podge to seal the masterpiece. Let dry – wash and enjoy!
Hope these ideas help your last minute cravings for Valentine’s Day – and if you have any questions – leave a comment or pop over to Instagram and message me! As always – tag your creations with #Atabletopaffair! I would love to see them and share them!
If you need any Valentine’s Ideas – check these out!