French Toast Skillet
- 1 16-oz pkg frozen mixed berries (about 4 cups)
- 1 tbsp flour
- 2 tsp finely grated lime zest
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 c low-fat milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 6 slices thick sliced bread
- Heat oven to 425°F. In cast-iron skillet, combine berries, flour, brown sugar and lime zest
- In medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Dip bread slices in egg mixture and arrange in a circle, stacking, on top of berries.
- Bake until golden brown, 15 minutes. Dust with confectioners’ sugar.