Perfect for 4th of July, this French Trifle takes everything wonderful from the English Trifle and spices it up with a few French Twists! Hi, I’m so happy you’re here today! I am always looking for ways to make desserts smaller. I live alone and am single and let’s be honest, if there is leftover dessert – I’m eating it. This trifle is perfect for that!
An English Trifle has 4 main components. The custard, the fruit, the lady fingers, and the sherry.
This Trifle switches those up and instead of custard we use Lemon Curd and instead of the lady fingers we use Madelines. I have also mixed sherry with a french jam!
One other difference with the French Trifle is I have found it is more fun to have a trifle that isn’t perfect layers – but is mixed throughout, so every bite isn’t the exact same! You also save a ton of time and ingredients this way! Have you seen my other 4th Of July Recipes?Print
- 12–16 Madelines
- 8 ounces cool whip
- 11 ounces lemon curd
- 2 tablespoons cooking sherry
- 1/2 cup Strawberry Preserves
- 8 ounces Strawberries
- 8 ounces Blueberries
- Combine Strawberry preserves and cooking sherry in a bowl.
- Create each layer by placing madelines in, followed by a few dollops of lemon curd, then strawberries and blueberries, topped with strawberry preserve mixture and finally the cool whip.
- Create those layers until your container is filled to the top.
- Garnish with a few Madelines and berries and enjoy with your friends and family!
Pro Tip: Don’t make every layer packed. It will save you ingredients and make every bite a little bit different.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes