- 1 block of feta cheese
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup Italian Bread Crumbs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Take the Feta Cheese and pat dry with paper towel.
- In two bowls put the beaten egg and bread crumbs, separately. Add the teaspoon of salt to the bread crumbs.
- Heat the olive oil in the pan over medium-high heat.
- Take the feta cheese and dip each side with the egg and then dip each side in the breadcrumbs. I like to do each side one at a time. **Make sure to coat the block with the bread crumbs – don’t be shy with the egg (that is your glue!)!
- When the oil is hot enough that the breadcrumbs sizzle, hold the Feta with tongs and rotate leaving the cheese on the oil for 30-45 seconds, or until each side is crispy. It will not take long. So don’t try to multi-task or walk away 🙂
- Serve with warm honey drizzle, on a plate with your salad, or with crispy pita chips!