Shopping at the beginning of the week in the grocery store literally gives me so much joy. Like so much. Every once in a while I add a nice piece of fish to my basket to cook during the week. Last week, it was Salmon. My favorite, however, is Red Snapper or Swordfish. But when the local market has fresh red snapper in – I am all about it! So I picked up Salmon and made a Greek Salsa and served with a side of orzo and it was delicious!
Usually I marinade my salmon with honey and serve it up with a little aioli. This week I decided to go a bit mediterranean with it and use a greek salsa and orzo. Have I ever told you my love for orzo! It’s so much easier than rice and is a much more beautiful shape.
This recipe will be in my repeat recipe list for a good while because it’s just so easy! There are quite a few ingredients in this, but don’t let it scare you and don’t over buy for this. The salsa multiplies fast. For my 4 servings, I just used 1 cucumber, 1 small can of sliced olives, half of a container of cherry tomatoes and a half of a red onion! The plus side for this recipe – it keeps and reheats really well! Note: add the avocado last on top – if you mix it into the salsa, it won’t keep well – so if I think I’m going to have leftovers I like to just add avocado on top once it’s all plated.
The salsa is a combo of cucumber, tomatoes, feta cheese and avocado. The orzo has a bit of butter and salt for seasoning and the Salmon was seasoned with olive oil and a pinch of honey.
Super easy and beautiful!Print
Greek Salmon with Salsa and Orzo
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- 1 cup dry orzo
- 4 6 oz. skinless salmon fillets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey per salmon filet
- Salt and pepper, for taste
- 2 small Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cucumber, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped red onions
- 1/3 cup chopped kalamata olives
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (2 tsp)
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons finely minced parsley
- 1 tablespoons finely minced oregano
- Prepare orzo according to directions on package, drain (i usually put a pat of butter in it and then toss with olive oil after draining)
- Preheat a grill (or saute pan) to medium-high heat to about 400 degrees. Meanwhile chop ingredients for salsa.
- Brush both sides of the salmon fillets with 1 tablespoons of the olive oil and honey and season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Brush clean grill grates lightly with olive oil (or put olive oil in saute pan) then place salmon on grill (close lid – put a lid on top of your grill pan too) grill until cooked through, about 4 minutes per side.
- In a medium mixing bowl toss together tomatoes, cucumber, red onions, kalamata olives, garlic, avocado, feta, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons olive oil, parsley and oregano. Season with salt to taste.
- Divide drained orzo among 4 plates then add a salmon fillet to each plate. Top each serving with plenty of the salsa, both over the salmon and the orzo. Serve immediately.
Make sure to subscribe to the blog down below so that you can get the posts sent straight to your inbox! Follow on Instagram and Facebook and please share this post with your friends and your family so everyone can make this delicious meal!
Don’t forget to leave your comments below!!