Leftover ham? Maybe you just need a fun Saturday morning breakfast? Well this, flaky puff pastry breakfast galette is the perfect cradle for the creamy mixture of Ham, Cheese and and Spinach! You need to try these ASAP!!
I had a couple of girlfriends over to watch Hallmark movies on Saturday and made all the fixings. I paired these breakfast galettes with cinnamon rolls, biscuits roasted breakfast potatoes and fresh fruit. I’m usually a breakfast casserole kind of girl – but these were just so easy and once you make them one time – you’ll never go back. They are just that easy.
I paired this breakfast galette with cinnamon rolls, biscuits roasted breakfast potatoes and fresh fruit.
And You know I am all about easy, especially when making breakfast! And these breakfast galettes look fancy and elegant, but are so easy to make (thanks to pre-made puff pastry and store bought diced ham).
I love using Gruyere in my breakfast galette, but it is more of a swiss cheese. A mild white cheddar would be just as tasty!Print
- 2 sheets puff pastry cut into squares
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 cup milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Ground nutmeg
- 1/2 lb cooked ham, diced
- 2 cups fresh spinach, rinsed and chopped
- 1 cup Gruyere cheese, grated
- Pre-heat your oven to 400°F
- For the sauce: Melt butter over medium heat on the stove top. Add flour and salt; cook, stirring frequently, add milk in 2 steps until the mixture has a gravy-like consistency.
- Bring the mixture to boil (about 5 minutes).
- Take off heat and stir in spinach and cook for 1 minute. Add ham and cheese and stir well. Set aside.
- Arrange the puff pastry squares on a baking sheet greased or lined with parchment paper. Dollop 1 or 2 tablespoons of the mixture, top with grated cheese and close the pockets by folding the corners on top.
- Make an egg wash using an egg and 1 spoonful of cold water. Brush the puff pastry and bake in the oven for 20 minutes, until puffed and golden.
- Prep Time: 8 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes