- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup Mike’s Hot Honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 pound peanuts (preferably raw and unsalted)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 350º.
- In a large sauce pan over medium heat, stir together the butter, honey, cinnamon and salt. Heat until butter is melted and bubbly. Add the peanuts and stir until they are well coated.
- On a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat, add peanuts in an even layer with room (don’t crowd).
- Cook, rotating peanuts every 5 minutes to prevent burning. Remove peanuts whenever they’ve evenly browned, about 20 minutes.
- When peanuts are done, remove from oven and transfer to a metal mixing bowl. Slowly add the sugar mixture, a little bit at a time, mixing well each time. Continue to add sugar until the peanuts are coated to your liking.
- Lay peanuts on parchment paper to cool.
- Serve and enjoy!