I have been working on this 4th of July recipe for you. Yes, the pictures look intuitive – but I am going to give you the inside scoop on these bad boys. They aren’t EXACTLY as they appear. Keep reading….
4h of July is so much fun. I love spending time around the pool with family and friends and these sandwiches are the perfect addition. However, I caveat that with they are an inside activity. Because they melt fast.
Lots of pro tips with these Ice Cream Sandwich Stars:
- Do the Klondike Squares they are the easiest to make stars with.
- Just like flour keeps dough from sticking to the countertop – you will need something to keep your sandwiches from sticking. I found that Olive Oil Spray is the best. You need it to be greasy so it doesn’t stick. If you don’t like PAM or aerosol sprays, you could totally use coconut oil – I would stay away from melted butter though because it will melt the sandwiches faster.
- Also, spray your cookie cutters… this is KEY!
- You need a lot of sprinkles in a bowl so that the corners of your stars can get sprinkles on them.
- If you aren’t eating them immediately, put them in the freezer on a cookie sheet or plate – as you finish each one. These melt so fast that you want them back in the freezer as fast as possible to firm back up so you can enjoy a perfect star later!
- Ice Cream Sandwiches – squares
- 1/2 cup of sprinkles
- PAM or some type of greasing agent
- cookie cutters are needed for this recipe 🙂
- Work fast because these guys will melt.
- Cut your Sandwiches with a greased cookie cutter on a greased surface.
- Dip each side into your sprinkles.
- For best results, stick back in freezer as you cut them to let freeze up.