It has been a long wonderful weekend out on the farm with my family. However, after a long weekend a detox is definitely needed. I have been trying to eat healthier and using a bit more keto options in my food. What I love about this Lemon and Ginger Detox Salad is that the lemon, ginger, grapefruit, and kale all have different healthy properties and really promote heart health and weight loss.
Side note: I’m not a health-professional or a dietician. This is just my own opinion based on things I’ve heard and read.
Let’s face it, eating healthy is kind of boring sometimes, or it can be! And this salad is anything but boring! One of the fun additions to this salad is crispy chickpeas. You can totally make your own, but you know I love using store bought treasures. So, I used crispy chickpeas that I found at Walmart and loved the addition. They were actually so tasty that I decided to eat them as a munchie while I worked the other day.
Don’t you just love when you have surprises like that. God has been revealing a lot to me recently and it has just been such a surprise. First, that the God of the universe has time to reveal things to me about myself. And second, that He cares that much to refine my heart and spend intentional time with me. I started a devotional series called Unintentional Singleness and am working on part 3, but you can read Part 1 & 2 here and here.
The series is all about how we find ourselves in phases of life unintentionally and how it might seem unintentional to us, but God has his hand on every single part of our lives.
Bottom line, I hope you love this salad as much as I do! And, I hope that it helps not only detox your eating, but reminds you to detox your mind! Open yourself to new experiences and allow God to really work.Print
Lemon & Ginger Dressing:
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 3 tablespoons of avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon onion salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup crispy chickpeas
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 3 cups kale salad, chopped
- 2 cups broccoli florets, sliced and destemmed to liking
- 1/2 cup purple cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup red grapefruits, sliced
- 1 teaspoon finishing salt
- Make the dressing but adding all of the ingredients to a bowl and mix to combine. Add salt & pepper, as needed.
- Massage the kale with the olive oil and paprika and set aside.
- Add broccoli, cabbage, parsley, and cilantro and toss with kale to coat.
- Top off with grapefruit, coconut, and chickpeas.
- Dollop dressing or serve on the side for easy portion control.
Pro Tip: Use your air fryer or oven on 390 for 8-10 minutes to cook chicken breast and top your salad with hot grilled chicken!