To Make Glaze: (best case-make night before… but not imperative for a good glaze)
- Over medium-high heat cook 2 tablespoons of olive oil and finely diced shallots until fragrant.
- Add pomegranate juice, honey, and balsamic vinegar and boil together.
- Reduce to simmer and add the dash of nutmeg, cinnamon, and thyme.
- Lastly, add salt and pepper to taste (I find usually I don’t need either).
- Remove from heat and let sit until ready to serve. The longer you let it sit, the thicker it will get and the better it will be.
To Make Meatballs:
- Mix meat, garlic powder, cinnamon, oregano, thyme and nutmeg (could also sub for garlic powder, cinnamon and allspice).
- Add breadcrumbs and salt and form 12-16 meatballs. I like to make my meatballs a bit larger as they are appetizer meatballs.
- Over high-heat heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil and put meatballs in skillet.
- Rotating frequently, fry all sides of meatballs and then reduce heat to medium-low.
- Over the next 8-10 minutes, rotate to avoid burning.
- Remove from heat and plate.
- Drizzle glaze on top and finish with parsley and pomegranate arils.