I use peaches in sweet cobblers and fruit salads all the time. But what about something savory? This Peach, Burrata & Pesto Flatbread is one for the books. It has so much flavor from the pesto and when you grill the peaches… man! The flavor just explodes.
June 21 is National Peaches Day, why not celebrate with all things Peaches! It also happens to be Father’s Day. This means that while Dad is grilling steaks outside by the pool, you can be pop your peaches on there too and make a great appetizer for everyone!
Grilling peaches only takes about 2 minutes on each side and really does explode all of the flavors in the fruit. It really caramelizes and is the best way to eat a peach. And if you love grilled peaches… try grilled Watermelon. You can thank me later!
I did test this recipe with frozen peaches and it works just as well. You don’t even have to thaw the peaches, just put them straight on the grill. Since you are putting the flatbread in the oven that will thaw and cook the peaches for you.
Burrata might be a new cheese for you too! It’s actually a mozzarella… you know that pizza cheese you love so much? Well Burrata is a creamier cow milk cheese. It has a thick mozzarella outer layer and a creamy inside that melts perfectly on a flatbread.
This is really a recipe that takes minutes, is perfect if you want to include your kids in the kitchen and tastes amazing.Print
Peach, Burrata & Pesto Flatbread
- 2 cups peaches (frozen or fresh), sliced
- 2 pieces of naan bead
- 4 tbsp pesto (or olive oil as a substitute)
- 6 oz. buratta (2–3 balls)
- 2 cups Arugula
- Honey for drizzle
- Heat oven to 350.
- Using a grill, or a grill grate for your stove, heat with olive oil on medium high and grill both sides of peaches. About 2 minutes per side.
- Brush Naan with Pesto and place in oven for 5-8 minutes until heated and oil absorbed.
- Slice burrata to liking and place on naan with peaches. Put back in oven for 5-8 minutes until burrata has slightly melted. You don’t want the burrata to completely melt and spread.
- Add arugula and drizzle with honey.
- Slice and enjoy!