These Pecan Pie Truffles are literally something you will love! Not only is it the easiest Pecan Pie Hack ever, but it also takes one 10″ Pecan Pie and it makes enough to serve 30! I mean can you imagine only having to buy 1 Pecan Pie and instead of feeding 8… you are feeding four times as many people? Talk about value! Also, these truffles are super tasty and are super easy to make.
There is a fun reel on my Instagram you should go check out!!
You are going to take your Pecan Pie and scoop out all of the Pecan Pie filling as well as the edges. Because the bottom and sides of the pie are soggy from being baked with the Pecan Pie, we won’t use those! Put everything in your stand mixer to mix it up!
Then, put 2 sleeves of Graham Crackers in your stand mixer and get the crackers really mixed up. At this point, your mixture should be the consistency of a paste. Start forming your balls!
Pro Tip for the Truffles
At this point, I like to take cooking spray and spray my hands a bit, I found it made it a lot easier to roll the balls! I made about 24 balls and still had nearly half of the mixture leftover! Put them on Parchment Paper on a cooking sheet and then put in the freezer until frozen. It only took mine 25 minutes to freeze!
Once frozen, melt your cooking chocolate and pulse your pecans in your food processor (I prefer the Ghiradelli’s melting chocolate – dark chocolate is the best for these truffles!). Start covering your balls with chocolate and then sprinkling the crushed pecans on top!
In my pictures, I think I actually got my pecans too fine for the sprinkle on top. They were almost a dusting instead of small chunks of pecans, that was NOT my intent.
I served my truffles in mini cupcake liners and they were so cute!!
These were a hit at my Friendsgiving, let me know what you think in the comments below!Print
- 1 10″ store bought pecan pie
- 2 sleeves of graham crackers
- 10 ounces melting dark chocolate
- 1 cup fresh pecans
- Scoop out pecan pie mixture and edges of pie from pie and put in stand mixer and mix on medium until well combined.
- Add 2 sleeves of graham crackers and mix on medium until paste consistency.
- Roll mixture into 1/2″ sized balls (about 1 tbsp size) and place on parchment paper lined cooking sheet.
- Freeze balls until frozen.
- Melt your melting chocolate according to package.
- Pulse fresh pecans in food processor until minced finely, to desired consistency.
- Using fork, cover frozen pecan pie balls in dark chocolate and sprinkle pecan on top and let harden on parchment paper.
- Once hardened, serve in mini cupcake liners!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes, at least