Fresh Fall Soups like this Veggie and Pesto Tortellini make me wish fall was year round!
- 1 head garlic or 1 tablespoon of minced garlic or 1 tablespoon of garlic paste
- 3 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup white onion, diced
- 1 cup Chicken Broth (bone broth also works for higher protein content)
- 1 cups pulled rotisserie chicken
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can dark red kidney beans, rinsed
- 2 large carrots, sliced into medallions
- 1/4 tsp. Garlic salt, for carrots
- 1 (9-ounce) package fresh four-cheese tortellini (i also like the spinach and cheese tortellini for this!)
- 1 bunch curly kale, stems discarded and leaves torn
- 2 tablespoons mixed herb seasoning (I love 21 Seasoning Salute from Trader Joe’s or just a basic Italian Herb Blend)
- Pesto and Shaved Parmesan for Serving
- In a large pot over medium-high heat combine 2 tablespoons of olive oil, garlic and 1/2 cup of chopped white onion. Cook until onion is fragrant. Avoid burning the garlic. (I like to use Garlic Paste as I find it doesn’t burn as badly.)
- While that’s cooking, coat your carrots in olive oil and garlic salt, then roast them in an air-fryer on 390 for 8 minutes. If you don’t have an air fryer, roast your carrots for 25 minutes on a sheet pan in an oven on 400 degrees F.
- When onions become fragrant toss in rotisserie chicken, carrots, red kidney beans and toss for 3 minutes.
- Add 1 cup chicken broth and 1 cup of water and your 2 tablespoons of mixed herb seasoning in your pot. If you would like a “soupier” soup – there will be a time to supplement your soup later.
- Bring to a simmer and stir in tortellini. Cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, 4 to 6 minutes. At this point if you want to add more chicken broth, do that 1/2 cup at a time.
- Stir in kale and cook until pasta is cooked through and kale is tender, 2 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat and serve with Pesto and shaved Parmesan.