Do you love flatbread pizza? Do you love pumpkin flavor? Do you fast, easy and simple recipes for dinner? Then you will love this quick and easy Pumpkin Flatbread with Ricotta. The sage you sprinkle on it gives it such an earthy flavor that helps bring out the robust pumpkin flavors and it all melts so nicely on the Naan bread.
I’m not quite sure why we love Pumpkin so much, but this year Pumpkin and Sweet Potato are my go-to. I think I have 3 recipes in the queue to put online that have these root vegetables in them and I’m not complaining at all.
This flatbread name is a bit misleading… it isn’t just Ricotta cheese, but also has sprinkled mozzarella on top. You actually mix the Ricotta and Pumpkin together as the base for the flatbread and then you sprinkle the sage and salt and pepper on top and cook it for 8-10 minutes and viola… amazing!
This is actually a better appetizer then meal because it doesn’t have a meat in it. And I’m not sure I would add one. But this is an awesome vegetarian meal!Print
- 2 pieces large flatbread
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup Ricotta Cheese
- 1/2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1 1/2 cup Thick Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 3 tablespoons rubbed sage
- 1 tsp salt
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Next, mix pumpkin puree, ricotta cheese, and garlic powder in a bowl until blended; then spread it over the Naan leaving a 1-inch border.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese, sage, and salt; then bake for 12-15 minutes until the cheese is melted and lightly brown.