You are going to love my new Pumpkin Dinner Recipe! Adding pumpkin to a staple meal, is one of my favorite things to do during the fall! Stuffed Shells are fun, they can be pretty time consuming, but if you are like me I love the cheese in pasta more than the sauce which is exactly how this recipe is! The Pumpkin and Ricotta inside these pasta shells is super tasty. It’s so smooth and creamy but also kind of nutty with the parmesan cheese. You won’t regret adding this to your weekly rotation. Trust me!
One of the things that you need to know when you make this Pumpkin Dinner Meal Recipe is that you don’t necessarily need a piping bag, you just need a ziplock and a cup! When you add the ricotta and pumpkin mixture to the bag, make sure you place the bag in a large glass. It’s super easy to spoon the mixture right into the bag without having to make a huge mess!
Pro Tip: when making this Pumpkin Dinner Recipe make sure you cut a small hole in the piping bag first and then continue to cut bigger holes until you get to your desired size! Trust me – you’ll thank me later!
Once you make stuff the shells and before you put this Pumpkin Recipe in the oven at 350 for 20 minutes, make sure you top it with enough Mozzarella cheese! Make this sucker cheesy – it’s the only way to make it!
Check out my Instagram Reel on how to make this delicious Pumpkin Dinner Recipe!Print
- 1 (12-ounce) box Jumbo Shells (about 40 shells)
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin pureé
- 2 1/2 cups ricotta
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 8 ounce pkg Mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp minced Garlic
- 2 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tbsp chopped sage
- Salt and Pepper to taste (1 tsp each)
- 1 25 ounce jar of favorite pasta sauce
- 12 ounces lean ground beef
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup white onion
- Boil pasta per directions on package. Drain. Arrange on a baking sheet to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Combine pumpkin, ricotta, egg white, Spices, Parmesan cheese, garlic, sage, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl. Stir until full mixed up!
- Pour 3/4 of the sauce evenly into baking dish. Fill each shell with the pumpkin-cheese mixture. Divide and arrange shells evenly between the two dishes.
- Top shells with remaining sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. I usually like to Broil mine for a little bit to get the cheese all nice a bubbly!
- Remove shells and let cool for 5 minutes and then enjoy with garlic bread!
- Category: Pumpkin Dinner
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: Italian