There is something about October that makes me want to grab my dutch oven and whip up some chili! And we are adding pumpkin to this one!
- 1 lb. Uncooked Ground Turkey
- 1 White Onion, diced
- 3 tbsp Garlic Paste
- 2 Large Carrots, sliced into medallions
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper ,chopped
- 1 15 oz. can Pumpkin Puree
- 1 15 oz. can Pinto Beans
- 1 15 oz. can Kidney Beans
- 3 cups Chicken Broth or Bone Broth
- 1 tbsp Chili Powder
- 2 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1½ tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Green Onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese shredded, chopped
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- Over medium-high heat, heat olive oil with peppers and carrots until soft.
- Add onions and garlic paste until translucent.
- Brown ground turkey with seasoning blend
- Add turkey to vegetable mix in dutch oven and stir to combine.
- Add broth, beans, and pumpkin puree and mix.
- Put the lid on the dutch oven, when the chili is boiling, lower the heat to medium-low. Let the chili simmer for around 20 minutes, or until you have reached the desired consistency.
- Let the chili cool down for 5 minutes before serving.
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: Southern