I have been working on a lot of pumpkin recipes lately… and I love them all! It is really hard for me to chose one that I love the most but this Pumpkin Hummus might take the cake. It is so delightful. Because we use a Pumpkin Puree it is not overtly pumpkin-y like when you use pumpkin spice. This Pumpkin hummus is a fantastic tailgating app, fall dip, and festive entertaining addition to any party this fall!
I’m going to give you a pro tip on how to make it without homemaking your hummus base, but let me tell you there is nothing better then making your own hummus – you can really control the lemon and garlic and salt better and it’s amazing.
BUT! If you are short on time…. don’t make your pumpkin hummus.Print
Only the easiest Pumpkin Hummus you’ll ever make and the best hummus you’ll enjoy this fall!! don’t forget to serve with Naan (or homemade Crescent Roll Crisps!)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt (I like a coarse salt)
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp chipotle chiles in adobo – I like to scoop directly out of can
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp BBQ Spice (I use a sweet Chipotle BBQ Seasoning)
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika, plus more to top
- Roasted and Slated Pepitas
- Put the the chickpeas, olive oil, chipotle chiles, lemon juice, tahini, garlic, and salt together in a food processor until it forms a paste.
- Add in the pumpkin puree, BBQ Seasoning, Cinnamon, and smoked paprika and pulse until well-combined.
- Top with Pepitas, sprinkle of Paprika, and swirl with your spoon to make it festive!!
Want to know a pumpkin hummus secret?
Instead of making the hummus yourself.. purchase classic hummus at your grocery store. Add 1 can of pumpkin puree and all of your seasonings (BBQ Seasoning, Paprika, Salt, and cinnamon). I also like to add 2 tbsp of brown sugar just to offset the squashy flavor of the pumpkin and compliment the cinnamon.
Done. In. Minutes!!
So do me a favor. When you love this recipe as much as I do, will you post about it? Will you tag me on Instagram or Facebook? Will you share this post with your friends? I hope you do!