Puppy Chow is one of those things that you can never go wrong with, especially when it is Pumpkin Puppy Chow! It’s also the perfect sweet snack for any fall tailgate. Yes, I said tailgate! Can you believe it is fall and tailgating season!! I can’t… but then again I can. And I’m so excited, so not even sorry it is still August and I’m posting this recipe for you.
Most of the time Puppy Chow is made with a layer of chocolate and peanut butter and powdered sugar… but this uses white chocolate and a secret ingredient… Cinnamon Toast Crunch!!
With the cinnamon toast crunch cereal – it really enhances the pumpkin pie spice that we are going to add to the powdered sugar!
This Pumpkin Puppy Chow recipe is beyond easy and super simple everyone will love it!
It can even be spiced up with candies like Reese’s cups or even fall colored sprinkles!
- First we will combine equal parts of Chex and the Cinnamon Toast Crunch.
- Then melt your vanilla almond bark until melted – don’t skimp, you want all of the cereal to be nice and coated so that powdered sugar sticks.
If you want to add candies or sprinkles – add it now.
- Lastly, pour half of the powdered sugar mixture (powdered sugar, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and nutmeg) over the cereal and gently mix. Once mixed, pour the rest of the powdered sugar over it.
PRO TIP: sprinkle a touch of pumpkin pie spice on top of the puppy chow before serving for a nice added touch!Print
Puppy Chow is one of those things that you can never go wrong with, especially when it is Pumpkin Puppy Chow!
- 3 cups Chex Cereal
- 3 cups Cinnamon Toast Crunch
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 Tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 Tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp nutmeg
- 2 cups Vanilla Almond Bark
- Pour Cereal into a bowl and set aside.
- Melt almond bark in a a microwave safe bowl how instructed on packaging.
- In a separate bowl, combine powdered sugar, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and nutmeg until nice and mixed.
- Pour the melted almond bark over the cereal, and fold until evenly coated – be careful, you don’t want the cereal to break. Note: If you want to add candies like Reese’s or fall colored sprinkles – add them here.
- Pour the powdered sugar mixture over the cereal and gently fold until evenly coated.
- Sprinkle a little extra pumpkin pie spice on top before serving to make it look and smell super festive!
Enjoy this fun recipe and don’t forget to serve in a nice big bowl so lots of hands can dig in, because this recipe will make the crowd go wild!
So do me a favor. When you love this recipe as much as I do, will you post about it? Will you tag me on Instagram or Facebook? Will you share this post with your friends? I hope you do!