This breakfast hash will keep your guests wanting more! This is the perfect recipe for friends and family as they stay over… or just you and your kids (or if you are like me – just me!). I love the roasted veggies and runny egg and it’s so beautiful – which makes enjoying it that much more tasty!
- 6–8 Happy Egg Heritage Brand Eggs
- 16 oz. Breakfast Sausage, cooked
- 1 lb Brussel Sprouts, halved
- 16 oz. Butternut squash, cubed
- 8 New Potatoes, quartered
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 large purple onion, cut to preference (I prefer larger crescents)
- Salt and Pepper to taste (I usually toss 2 tbsp with my olive oil mixture)
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
- Toss Brussel Sprouts, Butternut Squash, New Potatoes, Onion, and Garlic with Olive Oil and Salt and lay flat on sheet pan – be careful not to overcrowd your veggies.
- Roast for 15-20 minutes. (I find that my air fryer does a better and faster job at roasting veggies… but oven works too)
- Toss Spinach leaves with veggies making sure to coat the leaves in the residual oil so they wilt.
- Sprinkle the sausage on the veggies, and crack eggs over the veggies making sure not to break any of the yolk. If you break the yolk, it won’t cook up like the pictures – it’s still fine to eat – it just won’t look like the pictures).
- Put the sheet pan back in the oven and cook another 10 minutes until the eggs are cooked to your desire.
- Take out and eat!
This recipe makes fantastic leftovers too! When I reheat I usually put everything in a preheated cast iron on 425 F and re-roast for 10-15 minutes until everything is hot! You can even crack a few more eggs on it if you want!
If you want to crack eggs on the leftovers, put everything in the pre-heated cast iron, heat for 5-8 minutes on 425 F and then add eggs for the remaining 8-10 minutes.
Every oven is different so cook to your preference 🙂