Turn tomatoes into this Tomato Basil Soup on a wintery afternoon and dinner will be ready in 30 minutes! I hope you enjoy it!
- 1 28 oz can of San Marzano Tomatoes peeled
- 6 sticks of fresh thyme
1. Preheat oven to 425 F.
2. In a large oven (and stove top) safe pot, combine the tomatoes, onion, olive oil, thyme, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 20-30 minutes or until the tomatoes just begin to char and release their juices.
3. Take a hand held immersion blender to the tomatoes and onions and puree until everything is smooth and mixed together. Add the milk and San Marzano tomatoes – continue to blend.
3. Return the soup to the stove over medium-high heat on the stove. Stir in the pesto and season the soup with salt and pepper. Add more milk to thin it out if you want.
4. To serve, ladle the soup among bowls and top with parmesan and basil AND don’t forget the grilled cheese!
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Roasting
- Cuisine: Soup