I love brownies. They are so comforting and chocolatey- and have this moist consistency that just make me want to eat the entire pan. Needless to say, I decided to twist brownies for National S’mores Month. And after a few failed attempts… I have the best recipe!
So my first attempt included baking the brownies all the way and then topping with S’mores cereal and Marshmallows. Well the cereal didn’t stick to the brownies!
The second attempt – I tried to use chocolate chips to glue everything together… well that just made everything impossible to get out of the pan.
My last and final (and successful) attempt was to add the S’mores cereal to the top of the marshmallows with mini Hershey bars as a ‘topping’. It worked great!
So that is the recipe we are sticking with!Print
You will love this hybrid of a dessert with both brownie and S’more! It’s the perfect treat for those of us who love S’mores but want to eat them even without a bonfire!
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 45
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- 1 Brownie mix made as directed
- 1/2 cup S’more cereal or Golden Grahams cereal
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 3–5 mini Hershey Bars broken at seam (each bar makes 4 mini)
- Make brownie mix as directed in coated pan.
- Take brownie mixture out and add the marshmallows on top.
- Change the oven to broil and set to 525 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Put Brownies back in for 2-3 minutes, until marshmallows are toasted.
- Sprinkle the tops with the cereal and stick the mini Hershey bars in.
- Serve and Enjoy!