Most people associate green desserts, hearty Irish dishes that include sausages and potatoes, and of course green beer at Irish pubs with St. Patrick’s Day… but I have a new treat for you! What about a Spinach and Brie Quesadilla on a Spinach and Herb Tortilla? You will love this easy quesadilla with artichokes, brie, spinach, and chicken. It’s super easy and a quick solution for a festive dinner tomorrow night.
Artichoke Hearts can be really hard to cook, but they come pre-marinated in jars on the canned aisle in the grocery store and take a lot of the headache out of this quesadilla. I also used frozen fajita chicken which made this quesadilla even easier and faster!
You’ll start by sautéing the chicken, spinach and artichoke hearts in 3 tbsp of butter and 1 tbsp of minced garlic. Making sure you don’t have the heat on too high so not to burn the garlic. Pro TIp: Garlic Paste is really easy to use if you are nervous about burning your garlic.
Then put the mixture on the Spinach and Herb tortilla and top with 2-3 thin slices of Brie Cheese. Fold in half and put in a fry pan or panini press to melt the cheese and grill the quesadilla in place.
This recipe is such a fun twist on a basic quesadilla and really brings a fun addition to the basic and traditional St. Patrick’s Day meals.Print
Spinach and Brie Quesadilla
This Spinach and Brie Quesadilla is such a fun twist on the traditional St. Patrick’s Day foods and not to mention, super easy!
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp minced garlic, or garlic paste
- 1 8 oz jar (or more) of Marinated Artichoke Hearts, cut into dime sized pieces
- 2 cups cut chicken
- 8 oz Brie, thinly sliced
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- Spinach and Herb Tortilla
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat a non-stick pan, add butter and garlic paste and melt until fragrant.
- Add chicken, chopped artichoke hearts, and spinach and sauté for 3-5 minutes until spinach is fully wilted.
- Take mixture off heat, and put enough to fill the tortilla on one side.
- Place 2-3 thin slices of Brie on top of the mixture, fold the tortilla in half.
- Grill folded tortilla over medium-low heat until brie is melted. Cut into triangles.