Most people associate green desserts, hearty Irish dishes that include sausages and potatoes, and of course green beer at Irish pubs with St Patrick’s Day… but I have a new treat for you! What about a Spinach and Brie Quesadilla on a Spinach and Herb Tortilla? If you know anything about me – I LOVE celebrating holidays! You will love this easy quesadilla with artichokes, brie, spinach, and chicken. It’s super easy and a quick solution for a festive dinner tomorrow night (or let’s be honest – any night you want something super delicious).
Artichoke Hearts can be really hard to cook, but they come pre-marinated in jars on the canned aisle in the grocery store and take a lot of the headache out of this quesadilla. Work smarter, not harder! I also used frozen fajita chicken which made this quesadilla even easier and faster! Yum!
You’ll start by sautéing the chicken, spinach and artichoke hearts in 3 tbsp of butter and 1 tbsp of minced garlic. Reminder: Make sure you don’t have the heat on too high so not to burn the garlic. Pro Tip: Garlic Paste is really easy to use if you are nervous about burning your garlic.
Then, simply put the mixture on the Spinach and Herb tortilla and top with 2-3 thin slices of Brie Cheese. Fold in half and put in a fry pan or panini press to melt the cheese and grill the quesadilla in place.
This recipe is such a fun twist on a basic quesadilla and really brings a fun addition to the basic and traditional St. Patrick’s Day meals!
What are you planning to do this St Patrick’s Day? Love hearing from you in the comments.
Don’t forget to check out my Instagram if you haven’t already! We like to have fun over there, see you soon!Print
This Spinach and Brie Quesadilla is such a fun twist on the traditional St. Patrick’s Day foods and not to mention, super easy!
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp minced garlic, or garlic paste
- 1 8 oz jar (or more) of Marinated Artichoke Hearts, cut into dime sized pieces
- 2 cups cut chicken
- 8 oz Brie, thinly sliced
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- Spinach and Herb Tortilla
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat a non-stick pan, add butter and garlic paste and melt until fragrant.
- Add chicken, chopped artichoke hearts, and spinach and sauté for 3-5 minutes until spinach is fully wilted.
- Take mixture off heat, and put enough to fill the tortilla on one side.
- Place 2-3 thin slices of Brie on top of the mixture, fold the tortilla in half.
- Grill folded tortilla over medium-low heat until brie is melted. Cut into triangles.