I know, I know… St Patrick’s Day is tomorrow… and with all of the craziness that is Covid-19 right now, I thought I would bring you a little bit of sunshine in your feed with some festive Rice Krispie Treats.
The more I thought about it – these treats are the perfect stay-at-home activity for your kiddos… or you! For the simple fact that you have to sift through your M&M’s and your Lucky Charms to find all of the green ones! It only took me about 20 minutes, but it is a great activity for the kids and gets them involved!
I know this recipe is for the sweet tooth, scroll to the bottom for your very own green and St Patty’s Day approved savory recipe!
These are basic Rice Krispie Treats – straight off the back of the cereal box! Super easy and fast except when you finish mixing everything together and go to put it in your greased pan, add your green marshmallows and M&M’s.
Note: If you do put your M&M’s in the mixture and it’s still pretty hot, your candies will melt.
How cute is this? Loving the green color to carry us into spring. Anything to brighten up our kitchen during this crazy time!
Here’s a perfect savory St Patrick’s Day recipe for you, as well! You’ll love it for lunch or dinner.Print
Easiest way to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day is with your go-to Rice Krispie Treat recipe with an addition of green candies!
- 6 cups Rice Krispie Cereal
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 package Jet Puff Marshmallows
- 1 cup Green Candies (M&M’s and Lucky Charms)
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat s not to burn the butter. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted – takes 5-8 minutes. Remove from heat.
2. Add cereal. Stir until everything is coated together.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray and add green candies to the top so not to melt. Enjoy!