Guess what day it is… Taco Tuesday! I am loving this new term that everyone seems to be catching on to! First it was Wacky Wednesday, Throwback Thursday, and now Taco Tuesday! And the best part, this cultural term is all about food. But what is better than tacos.. tacos on a board!
Boards are being used for so many things at the moment and I love it. Around Christmas I did a board for Breakfast, desserts, and your typical appetizer board and now… TACOS! It’s so fun to put your board in the middle of your table around friends and family and enjoy making your own taco.
Maybe that should be a new restaurant style? All about the board. (We can finesse the name later) but everything would come out on a board. I think we have a solid business plan. Haha
I love how people are now even starting to do Taco TWO-sday for kid’s 2nd birthdays! Because what’s better than a fiesta for a party? Nothing. I mean fiesta literally means party. So why not?
At A Table Top Affair I am just wanting to get you around the table with your friends. Invite people over and encourage you that it doesn’t have to be hard!
Dinner parties have never been this simple. Forget making a taco bar and all of the dirty dishes. When you get a good board – you can put literally anything on it.. and today – I am putting taco sides on it!
Here are the three easy tips for a successful Taco Board:
- Chop up everything – Pro tip- by it chopped! I made this chicken in a skillet with some taco seasoning.. but you could just as easily buy it frozen! Same thing with onions, peppers, grocery stores are offering pre-shopped veggies that make this board come together in minutes!
- All the Dips: Dips make this board fun and provide some height which gives it some added personality. How do food bloggers make their stuff so eye-catching… height! So add some bowls of sour cream, guacamole, and pico de gallo!
- Use Street Taco Shells! Using Street Taco Shells gives you the room you need to put everything on the board. They are smaller so they don’t take up as much room!
Serve it with…
• fresh lemonade – this is just lemonade and frozen orange juice
• White Cheese Dip – the recipe is one of the favorites on the blog.
• Fresh Limes – don’t forget the fresh limes.. they just make everything so much more festive!
Don’t forget to tag me in all of your fun board adventures! I love seeing what everyone makes on Instagram and Facebook! Oh and if you aren’t following me on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram… go follow me and leave me a note! Making friends and encouraging each other to sit down around the table with fun food is what I am all about!