Need an easy yet impressive Mac n Cheese? This is your go to recipe. I used this for my Friendsgiving, but it was soo good!Print
Three Cheese Truffle Mac N Cheese
Tired of the generic mac n cheese making it’s appearance at your dinner table? Ready for something a little more adult-friendly and impressive. Try this Mac n Cheese that I substitute with Gnocchi! It is amazing!
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 12 servings 1x
- 2 16 ounce boxes gnocchi
- 2 tablespoons truffle butter (I suggest tasting the truffle butter before committing fully to it… it’s definitely an acquired taste!)
- 2 tablespoons regular butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk – don’t try and skimp on this!
- 1 ½ cups swiss cheese, grated
- 1 cup white cheddar cheese, grated
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, flaked
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon coarse black pepper
- ¼ cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 peeled garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon fresh Italian parsley
Preheat oven to 375 F.
Cook gnocchi to package directions. Drain and set aside.
While pasta is cooking, prepare cheese sauce in a cast iron dutch oven (or pan that can be both stove top and oven). Melt 2 tablespoons truffle butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and whisk to combine, cooking over medium-low heat until flour mixture becomes light brown in color. Add milk while whisking and cook over medium heat 5-10 minutes or until sauce thickens.
Add melted butter to bread crumbs, 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, melted butter, garlic clove and parsley to a food processor and process for 30 seconds or until minced. Set aside.
Remove sauce from heat and add swiss, white cheddar and remaining 1/2 cup parmesan cheeses; stir until melted. Season with kosher salt and white ground pepper.
Add gnocchi to the prepared sauce and stir to combine. Sprinkle with bread crumb mixture and additional parmesan cheese, if desired. Bake 10-15 minutes or until the top is lightly browned and bubbly. Sprinkle with fresh rosemary or flat-leaf parsley and serve!
Leave your comments below on what you thought! And don’t forget to #Atabletopaffair and share your creation on Instagram or Facebook!