Watermelon is one of my favorite summer fruits so naturally a fresh Watermelon Salad is on my weekly Must Make list! I love this recipe because it can be as small or as big as you want. You could also add jalapeño if you like that. But it comes together in minutes and is a great refreshing lunch salad for a hot summer day.
Watermelon is such a versatile fruit and because it is super sweet it pairs nicely with fresh red onion and goat cheese. You could probably use a feta cheese here too, but I really like how Goat cheese pairs with fruit.
Topping this salad off is drizzled olive oil and finishing salt like Fleur de Sel.
To me – this refreshing Watermelon Salad completes a perfect hot summer day.
Being home around the pool is so relaxing and I hate to think about being in the kitchen cooking when I want to be around friends and family outside. Am I right? This recipe comes together in like 2 minutes, seriously! It’s super easy. And I also like to buy the watermelon pre-cubed which makes it even quicker to pull this refreshing salad together! I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do!Print
- 2 cups watermelon, cubed
- 1 cups diced cucumber (about 1 cucumber – maybe a little less)
- 2 cups spinach leaves, stems removed
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup goat cheese crumbled
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- finishing salt and pepper, to taste
- Place the watermelon, cucumber, and spinach in a large bowl.
- Top with red onion and the goat cheese and jalapeno’s if you want!
- Drizzle the olive oil over the melon mixture and toss to coat. Sprinkle with finishing salt and pepper to taste and Enjoy!