Don’t stop reading if you don’t drink Prosecco! I give you a fun twist on this adult beverage later in the post!!
Talk about the heat – today we have a heat index in Arkansas of 110 and it is July 1. WOW! These Watermelon and Prosecco Slushies have the perfect amount of tart, sweet, and spike. I was actually really impressed with how frozen watermelon and a little bit of Prosecco make the best frozen drink. I add a little bit of something extra for a kick… keep reading.
This all came together in my new Ninja blender and am obsessed with how quickly it came together.
My baby sister has been talking about watermelon since May. I think if someone could figure out how to get a fresh July tasting Watermelon the entire year they would have a corner in the market that no one has.
This slushie uses 4 simple ingredients.
Watermelon, Prosecco, a dash of sugar, ice (only if you need it), and Lemons. I substitute 1/4 cup Limoncello for the lemons – this also adds a little bit of a spike and makes it a boozier, which in the summer around the pool is never a bad idea. Am I right?
Want a slushie for the entire family?
Use this recipe:
- 16 ounces Watermelon, frozen – about half of a watermelon
- 4 cups of something sparkling (sparkling water, ginger ale, sprite, etc..)
- 1/2 cup of lemonade or just plain lemons if that is your thing!!
- 1/2 Watermelon, 16 ounces cubed and frozen
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 3 cups of Prosecco
- 1/4 cup of Limoncello* (or 3 lemons of juice and 1/4 cup of Vodka)
- Make sure the Watermelon is frozen.
- But everything in a blender and pulse until slushed.
- If needed, add more ice.
- Garnish with Mint
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes