Cheese Dip… what is more satisfying after a long day at work then coming home and throwing Velveeta (not sponsored) in a pot and asking some Cheese Dip! Nothing. I will NEVER love something more.. well maybe I will when I have kids. And I guess I love Jesus more than Cheese Dip – but come on… Cheese Dip is just so dang satisfying! I love it.
So I have made a fancy, yet super simple Cheese Dip that you can make really fast for your guests. Because I know that you are inviting guests over tonight, right? Thata girl!
Ingredients are super easy.
Velveeta WHITE cheese dip (don’t do the yellow, just don’t), White Onions – get the chopped onions from Walmart – don’t waste your tears LITERALLY on onions, Rotel, Half and Half, Monterey Jack Cheese Taco Seasoning (or paprika and salt), Cilantro, and Roma Tomatoes – if you want them.
The Easiest recipe:
Sauté the onions with Taco Seasoning, add half the Velveeta and wait until melted. Add Half and Half and the Monterey Jack Cheese and stir. Melt additional Velveeta and cilantro. Add extremely drained and paper towel dried Rotel and viola! You are done!Print
White Cheese Dip
The Easiest Cheese Dip you will ever make! Filled with Cilantro, tomatoes, and two cheeses… memorize this recipe and keep it for a rainy day. Or a fun day!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup white onion, diced
- 1 large jalapeno or serrano, seeds and stem removed; diced
- 16 ounces white Velveeta Cheese
- 4 ounces Monterrey Jack cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup cream or half-and-half
- 1 (10 oz.) can diced tomatoes and green chilies – extremely drained and towel dried
- 1–2 Roma tomatoes, seeds removed and diced for toppings
- 1 small bunch cilantro, roughly chopped
- Heat the oil in a saute pan with the white onions until softened and reduce heat to medium-low. Add the Velveeta and Monterey Jack Cheese and 1/2 cup of the cream. Stir until melted.
- Add the can of Rotel (make sure it is extremely dry) and cilantro, add additional cream a little at a time until you reach desired consistency.
- Serve with chips or fresh tortillas.
As always… share your creations on social media! Use Hashtag #aTableTopAffair I love seeing your dinner parties that you throw!